Wednesday, January 27, 2010

All About Adyson

Adyson is growing up right before my very eyes. Everyday she amazes me with her wit and imagination. Even as I am typing this, she is drawing on her Magna-Doodle and you would be amazed at what she thinks those little squiggles are. She just drew a "big jet" but had to "rerace" it because it wasn't just right...



Adyson has been very helpful with packing the last few weeks. We have been packing a little here and there, and when I boxed up all of her stuffed animals I left the room to get tape and this is what I came back to. She was reading this book to her "Cowboy Bear" (an OSU beanie baby) and all her other "friends" too.



This week we have been working really hard on potty training. We have switched to a "panties only" policy. I bought PODS (Potty On Discrete Strips - which are basically like baby Depends) to put in her panties while we are out and about just in case of an accident. Ady has only worn a diaper at night and to poop since Sunday. We are working on the whole pooping on the potty thing, when she shows signs of needing to go she has asked for a diaper. I would rather change a poopy diaper (for now) than for her to get constipated, so I put a diaper on her. She is doing great and we haven't had any accidents!! It might be cheating just a little, but I moved her little pink potty into the living room (where we spend 90% of our time). She has several "practices" in between real potties, but that is just fine with me.
Other than that, Ady is her usual self. Crazy 24 hours a day, even when she is sleeping. She is battling a double ear infection right now (which is her third ear infection in 6 weeks) so we have been referred to a Pediatric ENT. She will be getting tubes in her ears, hopefully before we move. If not, I guess I will start over with doctors and referrals in Norfolk...



No comments:

Post a Comment