Saturday, January 22, 2011

It is.... My drug of choice.

Running, that is.  I am completely addicted.  I used to wonder how people could just go running for fun.  Miles.  People run MILES for fun???

Yes. WE do.  And now, I am one of them.  I am so, so ready for the weather to warm up so I can just get behind the stroller and go without bundling the kids and fiddling with gloves and earmuffs. 

I am planning to keep myself busy during deployment (gasp, it is looming in the oh so near future) running.  I am already registered for 4 upcoming races, and I am sure I will add more to the list.  So far, I have these races planned:

I am training with an AWESOME group of ladies, and we run long runs every Sunday (weather permitting right now of course) and training is going well.  I can officially say I "Run Like a Mother"

So far, I am registered for:

Virginia Is For Lovers 14K - (Feb 12th) This is a lofty goal.  I will probably be running intervals for this race, taking two minute breaks between running spurts.  This will be the longest distance to date.  (That is 8.69 miles)

Shamrock 8K - (March 19th) When I registered for this race an 8K sounded HUGE.  Now, I am almost disappointed that I didn't register for the half marathon! But, I will be able to run it and set a new time for myself to beat...next year :)

Metro Dash - (April 17th) This is a team (of 4) event and it is pretty much going to be insane.  It is a series of 30 Obstacle Courses  and we already have 5 (I think #6 is in the works or already a done deal) Stroller Strides teams.  I am really looking forward to this.  It is going to be a great time with friends, and quite the accomplishment to finish!

Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon - (Sept 4th) Yep.  You read that right.  I am going to run, yes I plan to fully RUN a half marathon.  13.1 Miles. 

I am not registered for these yet, but I will be....

Wiked10K

Surf n Santa 10 Miler

Even after I had started running, I had this "mindset" that I wasn't ever going to be interested in running long distances.  I would never run more than 5 miles and didn't really plan to participate in races.  Something happened when I crossed that first finish line.  Aaaaaaand, it doesn't help that I have some incredibly encouraging friends that I want to keep up with!  But all in all.  It is for me.  When I am running, I am free.  Well, almost.  Free between the callings from the stroller "Mooooooommy!! I need a drink!  I need to pee!  I want a snack......" Yeah, that's it... free! 

1 comment: