Saturday, April 9, 2011

What? I have a blog? That hasn't been updated?

As usual, times have been crazy around the Lease household.  Since my last post on Feb5th, here is a quick recap.



On February 12th I ran the Virginia Is For Lovers 14K.  This was/is my longest race to date.  That is 8.69 miles.  It was a great race, though at times I had a hard time convincing myself to keep running.  I did.  And I crossed the finish line in 1:42:14.  Here is a post race pic of myself and my good friend Andrea.  I only wish I could run 9 minute miles like her : )

There was a huge group of us who ran wearing tutus.  We got tons of compliments and even made the J&A Racing 2011 Calendar!  Woot Woot! 


And yes, that is beer.  Yuengling to be exact and it was GOOD!!


(In our defense, we were all about to jump up for a "let's all jump and someone will take a picture" shot)


The loot.  And no, the Avocado seed didn't come with the glass... ha ha!


Adyson had a perfectly timed field trip to Chuck E Cheese's on Friday, Feb 25th - her birthday!  We brought cupcakes to share with all her classmates in celebration.

Cooper was all over the rides, but if you put a token in and made them move, he immediately wanted off. 


Twins?





The Birthday Queen


The Queen, the cupcakes, and Mrs. Stark (one of Ady's teachers)


Aaaaaaaaaaaand then we moved.  And boy was it a pain in the butt.  I don't have any pictures of the new house yet, as it is still pretty much chaos.  Most things are where they are supposed to be but there is a never ending pile of papers/crafts/mail that I just keep moving from place to place.  One of these days I will sort it all out.


On March 19th I ran the Shamrock 8K.  This was the "end in sight" to all my training.  And while it was a great race, and I finished in under an hour (my goal) I couldn't help but feel disappointed.  I had already run the 14K so the 8K felt like a step backwards.  However, I know that there is no way I could have run the half marathon (13.1 miles) with all the injuries I had been battling, so I have decided to hold my chin high, knowing that I shattered that goal of an hour by FOUR minutes, and start looking for more races! 









No comments:

Post a Comment