Sunday, August 9, 2009

A successful day

Well, I am totally behind on blogging so I will start here and post the past in the next few days to come.

Today was a successful day. Adyson did not have her "B" (aka her binky) all day long. The only time she got it was at nap time (and she left it in her bed when she woke up - with some encouragement from Daddy) and although she hasn't asked for it yet I am sure she will get it to go to sleep (she is thinking about falling asleep on the couch right now). Our plan is to limit it to only bedtime and then cut it out from there, but unless she asks for it at nap and bedtime, I am going to withhold it all together. I am so excited. This morning was rough when we initially took it away. She would play for a few minutes and then remember she didn't have it and start whining and asking for it. I totally used peer pressure and told her that we were going to Ella's house to play and that Ella was a big girl and didn't have a binky. She told me "Elwer (that is how she says Ella) no like Ady's B - it yucky!" She really got a lot better about it throughout the day. I only messed up once and mentioned it accidentally when talking to Quentin and she started asking for it. When I told her she had to wait until bedtime, she went on about her business.


Let this be the warning post - I am so far behind posting on this blog that there are going to be many, many post coming in the near future...

I have pictures (and stories) to post from both out adventures in Virginia and Georgia as well as som other stuff along the way...

I plan to start catching up tomorrow :) For now, I need to get precious Adyson off to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Jackie! That's a big step for you guys. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete