Monday, August 10, 2009

Cooper Update



Today I had my 28weeks and 3 day appointment. Nothing really new to report. I got the results from my test last appointment. Passed the glucose test with flying colors (Whoo Hoo!!!), blood count was all right on, and my anti-body screen was negative. The anti body screen was really the most important result for me because it means the previous positive results I had gotten were a result of the previous Rhogam shot I had. Also, very good news. Since I am 28 weeks, I also got my Rhogam shot today that will last until Cooper is born. Ady was with me and did not like me getting a shot at all. She told me "Mommy, Ady hold you. No owie." So she held my hand - what a sweetie!!


I was also told that we will discuss my "delivery options" soon. Apparently Cooper's size and weight are a concern based on the ultrasound I had at 20 weeks. He was measuring bigger than average, but not anything alarming. Since I have previous issues with shoulder dystocia (basically Adyson got stuck on my pelvis and the doc had to turn her over to deliver her) they are worried about me delivering a big baby. It is a conversation I am looking forward to with my doc and will probably not happen for a few more weeks. They will continue to monitor Coop's size as we get closer to D-Day and we will decide what is best when the time comes. I have no preference - I just want a happy, healthy, and safe delivery.


Adyson was very good at the apppointment today and as soon as we left she wanted to call Daddy and tell him that Cooper talked to her. She called Quentin and told him that Cooper said "Woosh-Woosh-Woosh" as she waved her arm around in the air. She is such a doll. Although she told me today that she didn't want Cooper to come to her house because his house is in my belly. We will work on that when the time comes I suppose.


1 comment:

  1. They kept telling me Abbie seemed big too, but they weren't worried about it... Yikes. They were predicting her to be a "large 8lbs". Bullshit. She was almost 10! (But I was still able to deliver her with minor tears...) Next baby I'm going to cut down on the ice cream... Or work out more.. One of the 2. =)

    ReplyDelete