Tuesday, March 23, 2010

5 Months Old!!!

Cooper is 5 months old today.  I do not know where the last 5 months have gone, but man they have flown by!!!  I took Coop to the doc this morning because I suspected an ear infection.  Turns out, yes his ears are "red and irritated" but there is no fluid or pressure so they sent us home.  However, I was informed that he is "malnourished" and that he need to be given at least 8oz of formula in addition to breastfeeding AND have solids at least 3 times a day.  WHAT?!?!  She told me the "ultimate" goal is to double his birthweight by 6 months.  Okay, so let's do the math.  Cooper weighed 13lb 13oz today.  He weighed 7lb 3oz when he was born, double that would be 14lb 6oz.  Considering he has gained a pound a month for the last two months, I think it is safe bet that he will be able to gain half a pound before he hits 6 months.... Sheesh.  Sometimes I wonder just exactly what people are smokin' and where exactly they got their medical degrees...

Here are some pics from today's "photo shoot"

"Mom, why do we HAVE to do this every month??"

Plotting his escape


Makin' a run (or a roll) for it!!! and I am fairly certain that is a McGee "shit eatin' grin"




3 comments:

  1. Awe my lil tiger is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am predicting he will be crawling very soon. He has figured out in the last two days that if he keeps rolling he can go places...

    ReplyDelete